A key role within the group Demand Planning process, responsible for providing and reviewing demand forecasts for finished goods, parts, and production materials; ensuring supply is kept in line with customer demand in accordance with business strategy and inventory policies. Taking a data led approach and a passion for continuous improvement, you will build and maintain service levels within the Supply Chain.
- Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns
- Working with commercial teams to review and agree demand forecasts, complementing data-driven forecasts
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts
- Liaise with R&D on new product demand timelines
- Monitor KPIs and determine solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy
- Balancing demand with supply across multiple locations
- Work closely with local planning teams and external suppliers to improve lead times, inventory holding and customer serviceability
- Manage end of life processes in conjunction with Sales and Operations to ensure that slow moving and excess inventory is minimised
- Develop and manage improvement projects within Planning and Supply Chain
Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level in business, supply chain or another relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a demand planning role
- Strong IT skills with advanced experience of Microsoft packages.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated proficiency in forecasting methods and inventory management practices
- Excellent communication and strong presentation skills
- Commercially aware, resilient, and able to work under own initiative
- Database knowledge with SQL and Power BI experience will be an advantage
- Experience of using an ERP or demand planning software will be an advantage
- On-site parking, free tea & coffee. Excellent canteen facilities.