Joule UK is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer who will ensure continuous review of manufactured product and product components. The person will record, analyse, and determine suitable corrective actions for non-conforming product, components, and related processes. Sampling of products and materials and audits of both internal and external stakeholder processes will be part of the role, as well as providing input to Joule supplier management and supplier evaluation activities.
The role will also involve the maintenance and update of documents related to the Joule Quality Management System.
– Devise and establish a company’s quality procedures, standards, and specifications.
– Review existing policies and make suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them.
– Measure performance and identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements.
– Consult with other managers and staff and provide training, tools, and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards.
– Set standards for quality as well as health and safety.
– Ability to work with and present to a variety of internal and external stakeholders (incl. sub-suppliers).
– Proven record or certification of working with Quality Systems methodology (LEAN, Six Sigma) and standards (such as ISO 9001).
– Ability to conduct and draft analytical reports based on data, quality observations and root cause methodology.
– Experience of working with Enterprise Resource Planning software such as Microsoft Dynamics (Navision), SAP or similar.
The following subjects can be useful:
A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, production engineering or another related field such as business management, is particularly useful, especially if it includes quality management modules.